There are a few factors to consider when deciding which standing desk is right for you. One of the main considerations is stability. Some desks are more stable than others, and this can be due to a variety of factors. For example, some desks have a rocking or wobbling bases, while others have more solid, sturdy bases.
So, which is more important for stability: rocking or wobbling? In general, wobbling is more important than rocking. This is because a desk that wobbles is more likely to tip over or collapse, whereas a desk that rocks are less likely to do so. Therefore, if you’re looking for a stable desk, it’s best to choose one with a solid, sturdy base that doesn’t wobble.
Of course, this isn’t the only factor to consider when choosing a desk. You’ll also want to think about things like size, height, and ergonomics. But if stability is your top priority, then you should definitely choose a desk with a solid, sturdy base that won’t wobble.
Top 3 most stable standing desks
If you are so focused on stability, then we have a list of the 3 best standing desks for you.
1) Uplift V2
This is one of the most popular and best-selling standing desks on the market, and for good reason. It’s incredibly stable, thanks to its heavy-duty steel frame and crossbar reinforcements. Plus, it has a weight capacity of 355 pounds, so you can rest assured that it can handle all of your gear.
2) Apex Pro 4-leg by Deskhaus
The Apex Pro is another incredibly sturdy and stable desk. It’s made with a powder-coated steel frame, and it has four legs instead of the usual three, which gives it even more support. Plus, it has a weight capacity of 400 pounds, so you can really load it up with all your gear.
3) Flexispot E7 Pro Plus
The Flexispot E7 Pro Plus is yet another strong and stable option. It features a heavy-duty steel frame and crossbar reinforcements, and it has a weight capacity of 355 pounds.
Both 3 great options we have mentioned have a warranty of 15 years and offer great stability for your workspace.
Some problems you usually get with a standing desk
Using standing desks is not always rainbows and butterflies. There are some issues that you might face during your usage.
1) Wobbly desk. This is one of the most common problems. Simply solve it by adding some weight to the desk or buying a more stable desk.
2) Back pain. If you experience back pain after using standing desks, it means that your posture is not good enough. Try to adjust your posture and find a comfortable position. Don’t stand too long hours, 25 minutes each time are fine.
3) Neck pain. This usually comes with back pain problems but can also be solved by adjusting your posture and monitor position.
4) Leg pain. This happens when you stand for too long without moving around or taking a break. To solve this, simply take a walk every 20 minutes or so and stretch your legs periodically.
5) Dry eyes. Looking at screens for too long can cause dry eyes. To solve this, try to blink more often or use artificial tears.
6) Not much height adjustment range if you are too tall above 6ft or even shorter than 4’9″. You have to carefully pick the right product that fits. For example, Fully Jarvis desks with low frames are great for petite guys because it has a very low height range of 22″.
7) Not enough space to put your things. You need to get a bigger tabletop, 72×30″ or 80×30″, for example. Or simply pick the L-shaped desk option.
8) The desk is too light and gets pushed easily. You may need to put something heavy on the back of the desk legs or pick a desk with heavier materials like wood instead of particle boards.
9) Too much noise when typing. If you are using mechanical keyboards, this can create a lot of noise. To solve this, you can use a sound-dampening mat or get a quieter keyboard.
10) Not eco-friendly. If you are concerned about the environment, then you might want to get a standing desk made out of sustainable materials like bamboo.
11) The tabletop is not level. This can be solved by adding shims under the tabletop or getting a desk with adjustable feet.
12) Error’s shown when you are trying to move the desk, if it does not working, then here is a simple way to reset it. Just push and hold the up and down button for 5 seconds. If it does not work, then it’s time to contact the brand’s support. They usually respond within 24 hours.
Time to get a standing desk
The standing desk is a gift for your health and productivity. If you are looking for one, don’t forget to consider the points we have mentioned. With that being said, we hope you will find the perfect desk for you, and have a happy and productive day!